59 Post
14 Utenti
0 Likes
30.8 K Visualizzazioni
crixus
(@crixus)
Membro

Ecco perchè Matt Stone non mangia maiale

In 2006, my natural contrarian tendencies getting the best of me, I decided that fat, not carbohydrates or protein, was the bestest thing ever. So I embarked on a diet with roughly 70% of my calories coming from fat. In all the world’s anti-fat hysteria, they must have missed what is truly the optimal human diet. Or so I led myself to believe as I watched my abs pop out, my moods stabilize, my cravings for all of those “poisonous” modern foods disappear, and so on. Pork was a huge centerpiece of my menu, especially in Hawaii where tasty pork bellies abound and you can go to a supermarket and pick up weird piggy stuff like the pig’s head shown left (that’s me holding it).

But by spring of 2008 I started noticing something a little bothersome. It started when I would lay out at the beach, soaking up Hawaiian sun. I would go to sit up, flip over, or perform some other rigorous task endemic to Hawaiian life, and a pain in the center of my chest would hit me like a brick wall, forcing me to roll over onto my side and sit up other ways. The trials! The tribulations!

Over the next few years, the pain in my chest would come and go. It would get worse, and then better. I would start getting excited that it had gone, then it would hit me harder than ever. I never really could make any connections to what caused it. It seemed to surface during my low-carb era, so I distanced myself from that diet as much as possible – thinking it would go away. But even eating very little fat or going on brief, fruity vegan stints, the pain in the chest wouldn’t go away.

Finally, in 2011 I decided, despite my better judgment, to do a weird dietary experiment known as RBTI. Pork is restricted on the diet, and although I had serious doubts that pork was inherently harmful somehow, it didn’t take but a few weeks before I noticed the chest pains had improved. After a few months I realized that they had really, seriously, gone – as in totally eradicated. There were many facets to this peculiar dietary regime, and I still didn’t know what, specifically, had led to the chest pains going away. But I soon found out.

I ate some sausage on a pizza after roughly 8 months of completely avoiding pork – not just the meat but also avoiding pork gelatin, pork fat, and for a while even avoiding touching pork or eating from cookware that had cooked pork before. And, sure as shit as they say, the chest pains came back and lasted for several days.

Since that time I have had two distinct instances where the chest pains came back very slightly – just enough to be noticeable for a few days each round. Nothing very severe but an unmistakable feeling. Once was after eating some roasted marshmallows around a campfire, and another time I was stumped. I definitely hadn’t eaten any pork. I hadn’t eaten marshmallows or pork gelatin or anything. But after it came and went after a predictable time period of a few days I realized that it was from handling pork bacon on two consecutive days – cooking it over a campfire and serving it to two lovely ladies. Kosher beef weenies for this dogg.

I also must say that, for the first time as far as I know, I developed a very strong aversion to pork. Something about ham, bacon, sausage, pork chops, and all that stuff I used to eat like a boss seems completely and totally revolting. I have deleted a lot of stuff out of my diet at various points in my experimental eating career, but it never made a food revolting. It usually made it more attractive. But pork? Yuck. It’s been a strange adventure.

Anyway, that’s why I, personally, avoid pork. Plus I got to see several hundred sets of urine chemistry in the last year or so, and pork shows up in an eerily predictable manner in many people’s urine chemistry. In the world of RBTI, pork is perhaps best known for elevating the urea levels in the urine in proportion to other test values. And high levels of urea in your urine will give you the stamp of having “chest pain,” a hard heartbeat, and/or pain in the left shoulder depending on how high they are.

There’s a lot of taboo surrounding pork. Some people just think it’s gross instinctively. Many others claim that it is toxic for dogs and cats to eat, and makes their pets sick. There are multiple religions and cultures that forbid consumption of pork to the extent that some followers have been known to turn to cannibalism before eating a fat, juicy hog. Pork seems to be one of the quickest foods to be shunned without an abundance of evidence as to why a person shouldn’t eat it. There’s certainly a weird and mystical aura surrounding it as a food item unlike any other food – spanning many religious beliefs, cultures, continents, and centuries. While I don’t generally hold tradition, culture, or religion in high regard, I can’t dismiss it all as moronic and devoid of credibility.

In terms of modern scientific evidence against pork consumption, the evidence that was the catalyst for my recommendation against the consumption of pork (and poultry) in favor of other meats was that pork fat has the highest concentration of arachidonic acid of any known fat. Arachidonic acid is a type of fat that is highly involved in many inflammatory processes, and reduction of dietary arachidonic acid intake has been found in some cases to immediately reduce the incidence of over-inflammatory conditions like asthma. Floyd Chilton’s book Inflammation Nation is a good read on this topic. I wrote about Floyd “Ski” Chilton and his work in a post a while back.

But if you would like some further reading on some scientific perspectives damning pork, try reading the Weston A. Price Foundation’s article showing blood changes from consuming pork, as well as Paul Jaminet’s series on pork.

“Adaptability is probably the most distinctive characteristic of life.”
— Hans Selye

RispondiCitazione
kisa
 kisa
(@kisa)
Membro

La carne di maiale digerisco molto veloce , anche pancetta, ... prosciutto no, forse perche e troppo salato. Adesso non so se devo inserire ogni tanto nella mia dieta, o meglio lasciare perdere. Tutti (quasi) contro la carne di maiale . Nella mia famiglia si mangiava carne di maiale quasi tutti giorni, sono cresciuta con prodotti a base di maiale ,forse per questo mio corpo sta così bene con questa carne . Però ho smesso di mangiare a età di 17 anni . Unica carne rossa che io digerisco molto bene.. o_o Voi mangiate?

RispondiCitazione
fabio meloni
(@fabietto)
Membro

E' un alimento controverso ma io la mangio tranquillamente.

La forma è anche sostanza. Chi veicola un messaggio non può essere estraneo al suo contenuto. Tropico - Chi è musone e triste non riesce a tener lontano la malattia. Tonegawa - Le testimonianze vere di gente normale valgono più di tante elucubrazioni teoriche. Francesca F.C.

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin
Topic starter  

Sì, mangio carne di maiale senza problemi, dalle mie parti è molto sentita la tradizione, tutti in passato avevano un maiale proprio che macellavano sotto il periodo natalizio.
Qui poi le salsicce si mangiano crude, ed io le ho sempre mangiate così.

La medicina ha fatto così tanti progressi che ormai più nessuno è sano. Huxley | La persona intelligente è quella, e solo quella, che riesce a mettere insieme più aspetti della realtà ed è capace di trovare tra di essi una correlazione. C.Malanga

RispondiCitazione
nataku
(@nataku)
Membro

taniamo presente che il maiale è molto affine all'uomo (ci si prende la tiroide, ci si prendeva l'insulina)
io anche è tra le carni che digerisco bene, se nn sono tagli troppo grassi.

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin
Topic starter  

Stavo riguardando un pò questa discussione, certo che un pò di dubbi li mettono quelli della Price Foundation e Paul Jaminet della perfet Healt Diet... però sul fatto che la carne fresca sia più dannosa a causa di un patogeno (secondo Paul) non capisco come sia compatibile con la cottura.

La medicina ha fatto così tanti progressi che ormai più nessuno è sano. Huxley | La persona intelligente è quella, e solo quella, che riesce a mettere insieme più aspetti della realtà ed è capace di trovare tra di essi una correlazione. C.Malanga

RispondiCitazione
kisa
 kisa
(@kisa)
Membro

Anche Ray Peat consiglia di limitare più possibile carne di maiale e pollo. Pollo e va bene ,pieno di PUFA , ma maiale perche?

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin
Topic starter  

Per lo stesso motivo, il grasso di maiale è ricco di omega 6 mentre tutti pensano che sia prevalentemente saturo.
In teoria la carne di cinghiale selvatico è migliore perchè non mangia i pastoni di cereali del maiale industriale.
Se hai un maiale allevato in casa e la sua dieta è variata e non fatta esclusivamente da cereali allora il discorso cambia.
Sarebbe corretto, quando si mangia maiale di provenienza ignota o industriale, scartare le parti grasse, che tanto fa orrore ai puristi delle diete ancestrali.
La carne di pollo è uguale, soprattutto la pelle, andrebbe evitata, anche perché i polli attuali mangiano solo cereali.
Ha poco senso avere dei polli in casa e poi comprare per loro solo mangime del negozio, come purtroppo vedo spesso fare, bisognerebbe lasciare il pollame all'aperto così variano la dieta con vermi, frutta e fogliame.

RispondiCitazione
kisa
 kisa
(@kisa)
Membro

Allora come grassi saturi "sani" e numero uno - olio di cocco, dopo, ho pensato che grasso di maiale, (invece no).., grasso di altri animali? ( ma anche loro mangiano cereali) ,,forse maiali, e polli da agricoltura biologica e più sicuri? Bovino adulto e molto piu pericoloso se allevato un modo industriale ( pieno di antibiotici) forse animaletti piccoli (anello,vitello) pesce neanche..... boh.... Quale e carne più sicura?o_o

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin
Topic starter  

Ovini e Bovini preferibili.
Del maiale la frazione di grassi insaturi è variabile, va da un 10% fino ad oltre il 30% se allevati industrialmente.
Maiali allevati con ghiande e tuberi scendono all'8%.
Maiali allevati nelle fasce tropicali con patate e olio di cocco scendono al 3% di PUFA. http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/cmasterjohn/2011/11/25/good-lard-bad-lard-what-do-you-get-when-you-cross-a-pig-and-a-coconut
Per cucinare olio di cocco, olio di oliva, sego bovino e grasso di maiale se allevato in casa o fattorie vecchio stampo.

RispondiCitazione
kisa
 kisa
(@kisa)
Membro

Grazie! BUON NATALE!!!!:-D

RispondiCitazione
Pagina 4 / 4