Dieta dei gruppi sanguigni - Peter D'Adamo

48 Post
12 Utenti
0 Likes
35.6 K Visualizzazioni
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

Visto che non so dove sia andata a finire la replica di Andrea che riportava il parere di Cordain, lo riscrivo io

A Critical Examination Of Blood Type Diets - by Loren Cordain, Ph.D., Professor
I am often asked what I think of the Blood Type Diet. It seems to help so many people yet others find it very frustrating to follow and limiting.

The short answer: I don't think there is 4 diets on the planet, I think there are 7 billion diets for 7 billion people and we have to eat to our specific needs.

I have tried to follow the type A blood diet as an experiment and had disastrous results. I am allergic to most grains, soy, and peanuts yet D'adamo suggests that all Blood Type A's are best as vegetarian. What am I supposed to eat? Without enough protein that I tolerate well, I fear that I would have muscle wasting, digestive problems and hormone imbalance. Even though there is mention that this diet helps us follow our ancestors diet, I am not supposed to eat one of the most healthy Russian foods- Cabbage.

The History And Characterization Of Blood Type Diets
Blood type diets were first popularized by Peter D’Adamo, a naturopathic physician, in his best selling 1996 book, Eat Right 4 Your Type1. The inspiration for Dr. D’Adamo’s book came from subjective clinical impressions of his father, James D’Adamo; also a naturopathic physician who first proposed this concept in his book, One Man’s Food is Someone Else’s Poison 16 years earlier in 19802. As a member of Bastyr College’s first graduating class of naturopathic physicians in 1982, Peter became interested in attempting to validate his father’s subjective and personal observations from reviews of the scientific and medical literature – thus the fundamental reason for Peter writing his hugely successful diet book.

The underlying premise for Peter’s dietary ideas is that ABO blood type is the most important issue in determining healthful diets. He advocates separate diets for people with one of the four most common blood types (A, B, O or AB), and has further subdivided his dietary recommendations into three arbitrary ancestral categories: "African, Caucasian and Asian." Hence 12 subgroups (4 blood types x 3 ancestral categories) exist – each with differing dietary recommendations. Each blood type diet includes 16 food groups which are divided into three categories:

Highly beneficial
Neutral
Avoid

For each of the 12 subgroups differing recommendations exist for the three food categories. If these nutritional recommendations sound somewhat complex to you, I had to re-read them about a dozen times to get the drift myself. Although I don’t want to get ahead of the game, for the observant reader, you may be curious to know how Dr. D’Adamo dreamed up this complex dietary system and if a long trail of experimental human clinical trials exist to support Peter’s recommendations? I, too, had to ask myself these same questions.
Before we get into the science or lack thereof of the blood type diet, I’ve got to flesh out a few more of the underlying concepts. Dr. D'Adamo believes that blood group O ("O for Old") was the earliest human blood type and that all humans at one time maintained this blood group before the subsequent evolutionary appearance of blood types A, B and AB (reference 1, pp. 6-13). Accordingly, Peter believes that people with the O blood type had ancestors who were skillful hunters and whose diets were high in meat and animal proteins. For modern people with the O blood type he advocates a high meat, low carbohydrate "hunter" diet, with virtually no wheat, few grains or legumes and limited dairy products. Do these dietary recommendations ring a bell for you, or sound vaguely familiar? Keep this thought in mind, as it may well explain the lasting popularity of Peter’s first book.
Peter now goes on to explain to us that blood group A ("A is for Agrarian") "appeared somewhere in Asia or the Middle East between 25,000 and 15,000 B.C." . . . and "allowed them to better tolerate and absorb cultivated grains and other agricultural products" (reference 1, p. 8). For type A’s, Dr. D’Adamo recommends a mainly vegetarian diet - the diet that he personally follows. However, more importantly he recommends that blood type A’s also avoid wheat and dairy (do these recommendations also sound familiar?) and replace meats with some "highly beneficial" fish and seafood – Hmm, lots of fresh fruits and veggies for type A’s, little wheat or dairy and fish instead of meat? Keep these recommendations in mind.
Peter next tells us that blood type B, "developed sometime between 10,000 and 15,000 B.C. in the area of the Himalayan highlands – now part of present-day Pakistan and India (reference 1, p. 10). Peter suggests that type B’s have evolved the most varied diet and can include both meats and dairy in their daily menu, but again should avoid wheat.
From Peter’s diagram on page 6 of his book, he indicates that blood type AB appeared first in humans sometime between 500 B.C. and 900 A.D. He characterizes "AB is for Modern" and states "Until ten or twelve centuries ago, there was no Type AB blood." (reference 1, p. 13). Peter indicates that AB’s are a conglomeration of type A and type B blood types, and consequently their diets should reflect a mixture of the recommendations he makes for these blood groups. AB’s are therefore advised to eat meats, seafood and dairy, and to once again avoid wheat.
Dr. D’Adamo generally eschews highly processed foods (chips, pastries, candy, ice cream, snack food, fast food, etc.) for all blood groups – once again, does this not sound like another familiar dietary suggestion?

The Reality And The Science Of Blood Type Diets
The reality of Dr. D’Adamo’s book, Eat Right 4 Your Type, is that it has overwhelmingly become one of the sustained, best selling diet books of the past two decades, and continues to sell well on Amazon and other retail outlets – 14 years after its initial release in 1996. Unfortunately, as I will shortly demonstrate, Dr. D’Adamo’s explanations for the health-promoting effects of his diet have little or nothing to do with ABO blood groups. His claims about the origins of human blood types and the dietary selective pressures which elicited the four common blood types are completely incorrect and have no basis in the current scientific literature. By critically examining the faulty concepts and evidence underlying this book, it becomes almost comical how Peter’s series of errors, incorrect assumptions and conclusions actually ended up with dietary recommendations that may have therapeutic value for about 60% or more of the world’s population. The paradoxical nature of this book (bad science, pretty good dietary recommendations) helps to explain its lasting commercial success.

Actual Origins of Human Blood Types
Peter’s suggestion that O is the original human blood type is incorrect. Studies in humans, chimpanzees and bonobos (a specific type of chimpanzee) show that alleles (different versions of genes) coding for the A blood type was actually the most ancient version of the ABO blood group, and was shared prior to the evolutionary split between chimpanzees and hominids five to six million years ago3-5. Hence, Peter’s suggestion that blood type A appeared 15,000 to 25,000 years B.C. in response to dietary changes brought about by the new foods (i.e. grains) of the agricultural revolution is not only incorrect, but off base by about five million years. Now, let’s play a little game of logic and apply the correct data to Peter’s reasoning that "the original ancestral human blood type should be eating a high protein meat based diet." Since type A is the actual ancestral human blood type (rather than O), if we use Peter’s logic then he - himself a type A - should not be following a vegetarian diet, but rather a high protein meat based diet. These kinds of games of logic - although fun to play - more importantly underscore the fundamental and incorrect assumptions upon which Peter’s book is based.

The next blood type that appeared in the human lineage was B - which split from A - about 3.5 million years ago3-5, not the recent 10,000 to 15,000 years B.C. origin that Peter has proposed. The O blood type split from A about 2.5 million years ago3-5 and consequently does not represent the oldest blood type as claimed by Peter. The only fact that Peter correctly deduced about the origin of human blood types was that AB was the youngest, but once again he completely missed the correct date, as it was actually about 260,000 years ago3 - not the mere 1,500 years ago that he has proposed.

So Peter has got all of his blood group origins messed up, his dates wrong, and the evolutionary splits incorrect. Why does this matter and how does it affect his dietary theories? To begin with, even if we were to believe in Peter’s underlying assumptions that diets should be prescribed upon blood types, he would have to completely revamp his original recommendations. Type A’s should be eating a high protein, meat-based diet rather than the vegetarian fare he suggests. But what about type O’s? With the correct evolutionary information, should they now be eating a vegetarian menu? And what about type B’s and type AB’s – what should they now be eating? Most telling of the logical failings of Peter’s blood type diet is the observation that all four of the major blood types had evolved almost 250,000 years before the coming of the Agricultural Revolution 10,000 years ago. Yet Peter would have us convinced that three of the four major blood groups only came into existence slightly before or after the Agricultural Revolution, and as a direct result from dietary selective pressures wrought by Neolithic food introductions.

So, why has Peter’s book become one of the best selling diet books in the past two decades? Because it works – but only for about 44-62% of the people who adopt it. Remember that for blood type O, Peter advocates a high meat, low carbohydrate "hunter" diet; with virtually no wheat, few grains or legumes and limited dairy products. If we look at the frequencies of the four major blood types for the entire world population, blood type O is by far the most frequently occurring version. It is found in 62% of all the world’s people, followed by A (21%), B (16%) and AB (1-3%)6. In the United States, the four blood type frequencies are O (44%), A (42%), B (10%) and AB (4%)7.

So you can see that Peter has essentially advocated a diet similar to the Paleo Diet for between 44 and 62% of his readers. Quite simply, Peter’s diet works for about 44 to 62% of the people who adopt it – not because of their blood type, but because it emulates the same diet that natural selection has designed for us all.

References:
D'Adamo, P. with Whitney, C. Eat Right 4 your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 1996.
D’Adamo, J. One man's food--is someone else's poison. R. Marek Publisher, 1980.
Calafell F, Roubinet F, Ramírez-Soriano A, Saitou N, Bertranpetit J, Blancher A. Evolutionary dynamics of the human ABO gene. Hum Genet. 2008 Sep;124(2):123-35.
Saitou N, Yamamoto F. Evolution of primate ABO blood group genes and their homologous genes. Mol Biol Evol. 1997 Apr;14(4):399-411.
Lalueza-Fox C, Gigli E, de la Rasilla M, Fortea J, Rosas A, Bertranpetit J, Krause J. Genetic characterization of the ABO blood group in Neandertals. BMC Evol Biol. 2008 Dec 24;8:342.
Mourant AE, Kopec AC, Domaniewska-Sobczak K. The Distribution of the Human Blood Groups and other Polymorphisms. Oxford University Press, London, 1976, p. 6.
Stanford School of Medicine, Blood Center.

La medicina ha fatto così tanti progressi che ormai più nessuno è sano. Huxley | La persona intelligente è quella, e solo quella, che riesce a mettere insieme più aspetti della realtà ed è capace di trovare tra di essi una correlazione. C.Malanga

RispondiCitazione
crixus
(@crixus)
Membro

Io riesco a mangiare 2 kg di carne al giorno! Però lo faccio solo alcune volte perché se no aumento di peso.

:surprised:

2 kg di carne non riesco a mangiarli neanche io.... se ti sentisse Cianti sarebbe fiera di te :asd:
Aumento del peso? le proteine in eccesso vengono immagazzinate sottoforma di muscolo..l'aumento è dovuto a quello penso

“Adaptability is probably the most distinctive characteristic of life.”
— Hans Selye

RispondiCitazione
 Muso
(@muso)
Membro

Ragazzi vi ricordo che D'adamo ha poi pubblicato un altro libro (che possiedo) in cui ritratta la dieta del gruppo sanguigno in base a dati antropometrici che bisogna misurare a casa, quindi può capitare che un gruppo A possa mangiare alimenti che prima gli erano proibiti e così anche gli altri gruppi, mentre potrebbero vedersi negare alimenti che prima erano concessi.
Per un semplice principio logico uno dei 2 libri è in errore...se non entrambi...

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

Hai fatto bene a ricordarlo perchè non lo sapevo 😀
edit: di libri ne ha scritti diversi negli anni, l'ultimo è "Mangia come sei", tu a quale ti riferisci?
Altri libri che vedo sono "La salute su misura" e "l'alimentazione su misura"

La medicina ha fatto così tanti progressi che ormai più nessuno è sano. Huxley | La persona intelligente è quella, e solo quella, che riesce a mettere insieme più aspetti della realtà ed è capace di trovare tra di essi una correlazione. C.Malanga

RispondiCitazione
 Muso
(@muso)
Membro

Quello a cui mi riferivo, penso sia l'ultimo, è mangia come sei. Possiedo anche: l'alimentazione su misura.
Mi sono reso conto con gli anni che per comprendere eventuali castronerie nei vari libri che propongono diete, bisogna avere buone nozioni di chimica degli alimenti ed endocrinologia, altrimenti sfuggono un sacco di fregnacce. Soprattutto riguardo la produzione ormonale, che segue sì cicli giornalieri ma anche settimanali, mensili e annuali, se non si tiene conto di ciò e dell'adattamento a cui il corpo umano ben si presta nel caso in cui comunque non si seguano schemi ottimali si rischia di seguire i consigli sbagliati.
Scusate l'ot.

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

bisogna avere buone nozioni di chimica degli alimenti ed endocrinologia, altrimenti sfuggono un sacco di fregnacce. Soprattutto riguardo la produzione ormonale, che segue sì cicli giornalieri ma anche settimanali, mensili e annuali, se non si tiene conto di ciò e dell'adattamento a cui il corpo umano ben si presta nel caso in cui comunque non si seguano schemi ottimali si rischia di seguire i consigli sbagliati.
Scusate l'ot.

OT ma osservazione sacrosanta, per decifrare alcune cose già da tempo mi affido per comparazioni e approfondimenti ai testi universitarii di biochimica degli alimenti, il mio prossimo acquisto, benchè il quadro ormonale mi sia un minimo chiaro, è un testo universitario di endocrinologia.

RispondiCitazione
 Muso
(@muso)
Membro

Sarà un ottimo acquisto vedrai 🙂

RispondiCitazione
Eva
 Eva
(@eva)
Membro

Si, ma non voglio aumentare di peso, anche se muscolo.
Non solo proteine ma anche grassi incorporati dato che mangio pure organi...

Purtroppo mi devo limitare. Ma come si fa a resistere? Apriamo un nuovo topic per spiegare ad Eva come fare a limitare le quantità in generale? 🙂
Apparte gli scherzi dovrei veramente darmi una regolata!

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

Recensione libro: Eat Right For Your Type Hype
di Sally Eauclaire Osborne
http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/articles/book-review-eat-right-for-your-type-hype

RispondiCitazione
fabio meloni
(@fabietto)
Membro

Al termine di questi programmi - non prima - ho scoperto che le persone di tutti i tipi di sangue sembrano in grado di mangiare piccole quantità di quasi tutto, tra cui grano e di altri prodotti del grano. La parola chiave, naturalmente, è "modesto", che significa una o due piccole porzioni al giorno, non le enorme 6-11 porzioni di pane e cereali attualmente raccomandati dalla Piramide Alimentare USDA.

Questa caratteristica la sto sperimentando sulla mia persona: con le diete restrittive (nel mio caso la vegana, la fruttariana e la paleo dieta) ho fatto probabilmente altri danni ma ho anche dato il tempo all'intestino di guarire dalle lesioni e dalla permeabilità causata dal cibo sbagliato e da certi medicinali (antibiotici e cortisonici) che ho preso in passato e ora sembra che digerisco anche i sassi. Ovvio non esagerare: facile ricrearle quelle lesioni. Secondo me fare "rotazione" con il cibo è una buona norma come lo è anche rispettare la "stagionalità" di latte, frutta e verdura. Mi incuriosiscono le proprietà benefiche della gelatina animale (che anche Ray Peat menziona).

Per aiutare la digestione delle proteine è utile anche l'acido ascorbico dopo i pasti a base di alimenti proteici.

La forma è anche sostanza. Chi veicola un messaggio non può essere estraneo al suo contenuto. Tropico - Chi è musone e triste non riesce a tener lontano la malattia. Tonegawa - Le testimonianze vere di gente normale valgono più di tante elucubrazioni teoriche. Francesca F.C.

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

Peat mette a rotazione alcuni alimenti ritenuti più problematici ma comunque necessari, mentre lascia in pianta stabile degli altri.
Il latte più che stagionalità ha il periodo di gravidanza della mucca che una volta iniziato è continuo senza interruzioni fino allo svezzamento del vitello.

RispondiCitazione
fabio meloni
(@fabietto)
Membro

Certo! "Stagionalità" l'avrei dovuto mettere fra virgolette. 🙂

La forma è anche sostanza. Chi veicola un messaggio non può essere estraneo al suo contenuto. Tropico - Chi è musone e triste non riesce a tener lontano la malattia. Tonegawa - Le testimonianze vere di gente normale valgono più di tante elucubrazioni teoriche. Francesca F.C.

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

https://www.mangiaconsapevole.com/dieta-del-gruppo-sanguigno/

RispondiCitazione
crixus
(@crixus)
Membro

Bravo!

“Adaptability is probably the most distinctive characteristic of life.”
— Hans Selye

RispondiCitazione
Tropico
(@tropico)
Membro Admin

Grazie 🙂
Ogni tanto vedo che rispunta l'argomento gruppi sanguigni quindi un articolo in italiano che riassumesse il concetto ho pensato fosse utile.

RispondiCitazione
fabio meloni
(@fabietto)
Membro

Utilissimo e ben fatto!

RispondiCitazione
Pagina 3 / 3